Brie Schettle is an interdisciplinary artist and curator living in Portland, Oregon. She holds a BFA in Painting and Drawing and a BA in Art History from the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee. Schettle identifies as a hybrid artist- actively mixing painting, drawing, photography, collage, installation, and printmaking transfer techniques into her practice. Her work illustrates “process over product” and merges digital representation with ecologically focused imagery. She has participated in several international Artist Residencies-most recently in Ireland at the Burren College of Art. Schettle has exhibited work in numerous galleries, museums, universities and art centers including:
- Burren College of Art, Newtown Castle, Ballyvaughan, Ireland.
- La Porte Centre Pour Les Arts, Noyers-sur-Serein, France.
- Womxn House Gallery, Portland, OR.
- Michael Parsons Fine Art Gallery, Portland, Oregon.
- TRUST Gallery, Portland, Oregon.
- Art on Broadway Gallery, Beaverton, Oregon.
- The Palace Studio, Portland, Oregon.
- Villa Terrace Decorative Arts Museum, Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
- Charles Allis Art Museum, Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
- Santa Reparata School of Art, Florence, Italy.
- University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee Union Gallery, Miwaukee, Wisconsin.
In 2016, Schettle curated the exhibition Ethos at the Charles Allis Art Museum, showcasing over 30 works from the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee students and alumni. Since 2016, Schettle has worked as a curatorial assistant, events coordinator, studio technician, and art workshop coordinator for numerous non profits located in Oregon including the Sitka Center for Art and Ecology, Ecotrust, Michael Parsons Fine Art Gallery, and the Pittock Mansion Museum. Schettle has recently been awarded an artist residency at the Sitka Center for Art and Ecology. She looks forward to developing a new body of work on the Oregon coast January 2020 through April 2020.
Please visit Brie Schettle’s Instagram @bschettle to view her processes and learn more about her finished work.